2020-2021 MRHS Tryouts
We have been cleared to get the 2020-2021 season underway! However, this tryout will look quite a bit different than in years past, so please be sure to join our “MRHS Tryout” group on the Band App on your Smart phone for all updates regarding tryouts!
Please recognize that things are changing daily and we will keep you updated on the most current information regarding tryouts within this group!
- All tryout material will be delivered virtually through the Band App on June 10th. It is the participant’s responsibility to learn this material on their own.
- Tryouts will be held in person from 8am-1pm on Monday, June 15th. We will be doing them in groups of 3 remaining 6 feet apart. Coaches will text you and your parent with your tryout appointment time.
- Teams will be announced Tuesday, June 16th via social media.
- Practices for members who make the team will be June 22, June 23, June 29, and June 30. Varsity practice will be from 8am-10am, with JV to follow from 10am-12pm. JULY PRACTICES ARE TBA.
- UCA Summer camp has been cancelled.
- We will be holding an OPTIONAL Zoom meeting (password: Ridge) on June 10th at 6:00 pm to answer any and all questions regarding tryouts as we know that this is a new and unfamiliar process.
What will we be judging at tryouts
- Standing AND running tumbling
- Toe touches and one optional jump (provided through the Band App)
- 2 cheers (provided through the Band App)
- 1 dance (provided through the Band App)
- Fight song (provided through the Band App)
IN ORDER TO TRYOUT YOU MUST
- Register as a 2020-2021 student athlete
- Complete your athletic physical form after the date of March 1, 2020
- Hand deliver your physical clearance packet to Mrs. Wesson in the MRHS Gym Lobby. She will be available June 2nd-June 4th 8am-11am only!
- Join the “MRHS Tryout” group on the Band App
- Fill out the Cheer Tryout Registration GoogleForm to receive a tryout appointment
- Complete your 2020-2021 CheerTryoutPacket (please note many dates are incorrect within the packet, we are most worried about the personal information)
- Complete the Community Schools Registration form
- Complete the Summer Athletic Activities Waiver .docx – Google Docs_1