Informed Consent / Informed Consent
Because of injuries and ensuing litigation, it is the responsibility of Mountain Ridge High School, as a member of the AIA, to notify all students/athletes of the following:
- It is understood that participation in organized interscholastic athletics involves the potential for injury which is inherent in all sports. It is acknowledged that even with the best coaching, use of the most advanced protective equipment and strict observance of rules, injuries are still a possibility. On rare occasions, these injuries can be so severe as to result in total disability, paralysis, quadriplegia, or even death.
- Student athletes and their parents are required to view the Informed Consent video and complete the documentation form each year and prior to participating in a sport program.
- Forms to purchase School Accident Insurance are available in the Health Center and Athletic Office.
The following rules and policies are excerpts from the Coaches’ Handbook for MRHS Athletics:
- All school policies regarding conduct and proper dress remain applicable during athletic practice, travel and competitions.
- Coaches should make “lettering” policies known to student/athletes prior to the season.
- Student/Athletes are expected to use school transportation to and from athletic events. Student/Athletes may be released to parents following athletic events with coaches’ discretion and approval. Written approval may be obtained through signing a release form in the Athletics Office or in the presence of the coach.